Dobbs Ferry is known as one of the jewels of Westchester’s river towns. Located in the Town of Greenburgh, the village of Dobbs Ferry is named after a historical ferry service that transported residents across the Hudson River during the second half of the 19th century. It has the quaint flavor of an American small town with a modern flare that separates it from many communities in the region.
It offers resident an interesting and eclectic variety of shops, eateries and activities:
- Upstream Gallery is one of Westchester’s oldest cooperative galleries and located in the center of Dobbs Ferry. The Artwork is represented in a variety of media, including, painting, sculpture, printmaking and photography. The Gallery member’s work has been shown too many museums both in the United States and abroad.
- The Old Croton Aqueduct Trail is an historic trail way that runs from northern Westchester to New York City, this path was used to bring the fresh water from the Croton River to New York City. The trail runs through Dobbs Ferry, where hikers will pass the maintenance barn and the house of the Aqueduct overseer, which was built in 1845. There are spectacular views of the Hudson River and Palisades that can be seen through this stretch.
- Say Cheese & Thank You is a unique combination of a stationary and gifts store along with photography studio. The on-site printing has a super fast turn around, which makes procrastination doable! The wide range of gifts includes cheese platters to coffee table books where you will find the perfect gift for any occasion.
- The Cookery features cuisine from all walks of the globe. This neighborhood hit serves modern yet unfussy takes on nostalgic Italian dishes. Open for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Be sure to try their famous Tuscan French toast with bananas and Nutella!
- Celebrating its tenth anniversary, Dobbs Ferry once again hosts the Ferry Festa. Mark your calendar for September 29th 2012 and plan to spend the day in Dobbs Ferry. Virtually every store has a presence in this event along with live music. The Ferry Festa is just one of the many great examples of community gatherings held throughout the year.