Holiday photo courtesy of Lyndhurst
Whether you are a buyer or seller with a penchant for antique architecture, or simply a lover of historic properties and estates, you will enjoy visiting one of the many period homes located in the Dutchess County area that offer decorated holiday tours.
Here is a list of impressive estates offering tours this holiday season:
- Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site – Hyde Park
- Locust Grove Estate, Samuel Morse Historic Site – Poughkeepsie
- Mills Mansion, Staatsburgh State Historic Site – Staatsburg
- Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site – Hyde Park
- Val Kill, Home of Eleanor Roosevelt – Hyde Park
- Wilderstein Historic Site – Rhinebeck
- Clermont State Historic Site – Clermont (just over the Dutchess County border)
- Van Wyck Homestead Museum – Fishkill
- John Kane House – Pawling
- Mount Gulian Historic Site – Beacon
For detailed information, dates and times read the Dutchess County Tourism website’s feature, Great Estates & Historic Sites Decorate for the 2010 Christmas Season.
If you know of any other homes and estates that are offering holiday tours in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties please share them with us!
2nd Annual Yorktown Festival
Join us once again as Houlihan Lawrence participates in the 2nd Annual Yorktown Festival this Saturday, October 9th, from 11am to 5pm. Visit us at booth #67 (near Starbucks) for fun giveaways for children and adults. Our affiliate, Thoroughbred Mortgage, is raffling off a 32 inch flat screen TV. You won’t want to miss your chance at winning!
Yorktown Festival 2009
The weather will be beautiful and the fair promises to be chock full of fun. There will be entertainment, food, games and lots of area vendors. We hope to see you there!
Fall Harvest Festival
Fishkill Farms Apple Orchard is where I go apple picking each fall. This weekend, October 9th and 10th, they’re hosting their Fall Harvest Festival. Bring the whole family because there is something for everyone! The kids will enjoy the face painting, bouncy castle, farm animals and pumpkin patch, while the adults will enjoy the barbeque, apple cider donuts and fresh pressed cider. They’ll have singalongs on Saturday afternoon and Square Dancing on Sunday the 10th at 1pm. Enjoy the weekend by spending some time outdoors…while you still can!
Liz picking apples at Fishkill Farms in 2009